Our Water Heater Repair in
Van Nuys, CA
When it comes to water heater repair in Van Nuys, CA, make sure that you rely on an expert with years of experience in the industry. When your water heater starts delivering cold water to your showers, bathtubs and water-using appliances, it can be quite the shock. The good news is that LeadingEdge Plumbing & Rooter repairs replace and installs traditional and tankless water heaters.
Signs of Water Heater Issues
You may not know it but your current unit is in need of water heater services in Van Nuys, CA. Make sure that you remember to check for these signs of a problem with your system:
- Strange noises – This can be best described as popping and rumbling sounds.
- Discolored water – Murky, cloudy and rusty colored water can be a sign of a problem.
- Age of the Water Heater – Water heaters last between 8 and 12 years.
- Leaking – Water puddles or signs of water around your water heater.
- Less Hot Water – Check if the water heater doesn’t produce as much hot water.
- Extremely Hot water – When the water is hotter than the thermostat setting.
- No Hot Water – This is the complete lack of hot water, usually discovered when taking a shower.
Types of Water Heaters
There are two main types of water heaters, including the traditional and tankless water heater. Our team at LeadingEdge Plumbing & Rooter can install, repair and replace all types of residential water heaters.
Traditional hot water heaters contain a tank for the storage and heating of water. These are the most common types of water heaters found in homes. Tank sizes generally range from 10 gallons to more than 50 gallons. The size you need will depend on the number of water-using appliances you have in your home and the number of people in your family.
Gas-powered water heaters use natural gas to operate a pilot light. The pilot light fires a burner which heats the water in your water heater. Homeowners choose gas water heaters due to the low cost of fuel. However, natural gas water heaters typically require more maintenance and they do not last as long as electric water heaters, usually between 8 and 12 years.
Electric water heaters use heating elements located in the tank, sometimes near the top and bottom, to evenly heat the water. Electric water heaters require less maintenance than gas water heaters, and typically last longer, usually between 10 and 15 years.
Tankless hot water heaters can also use gas or electricity, depending on your preferences. The major difference between traditional and tankless water heaters is that a tankless water heater does not store water. Instead, it only heats water when you turn on a tap, take a shower, or use your washer or dishwasher. For this reason, they are often called on-demand water heaters. These water heaters typically last 20 years and require little maintenance.
As your trusted plumber in Van Nuys, CA, we offer the following water heater services:
- Water Heater Repair in Van Nuys
- Traditional and Tankless Water Heater Replacement
- Traditional and Tankless Water Heater Installation
Contact Our Team Today
Is your water heater giving you trouble? If you’ve noticed odd noses, extremely hot water or discolored water, it’s time to call us your a water heater replacement or repair in Van Nuys, CA, by dialing 888-525-3234.
Join our newsletter and receive $50 off your first plumbing repair!