PLUMBER IN GRANADA HILLS
Eventually, everyone will need the services of a plumber in Granada Hills. This is because every building constructed is required to have adequate plumbing by law. The population of Granada Hills is slightly over 53,000 people, so you can imagine how many homes and businesses there are. With this in mind, if you live anywhere long enough, there will be some type of issue with your plumbing. Some issues may be small like a clogged drain or leaking faucet. Other problems like burst pipes, gas line breaks, etc. will require the abilities of an experienced and trustworthy plumber in Granada Hills. Give the plumbing scholars at LeadingEdge Plumbing & Rooter a call to schedule your free initial consultation today.
Common Plumbing Mistakes
Most plumbing issues are not the fault of the homeowner. However, in many cases, major plumbing repairs and/or replacements could have been avoided if common plumbing mistakes were avoided. Some of those mistakes can include:
- Not Paying Attention: In some cases, pipes leaks and/or potential problems can be spotted well in advance. Potential signs of a faulty pipe can include water spots on your walls, leaks or constant drips from under sink plumbing as well as low water pressure through your home. All of these signs may be indicators that it is time to call a plumber in Granada Hills.
- Flushing Improper Items Down Your Drain or Toilet: Objects other than toilet tissue do not belong in your toilet. Though hairs, a small bit of trash, etc. may seem harmless; they can cause long term damage that will negatively affect your finances. Furthermore, it is important to protect your drains. This means no hair, grease, debris, etc.
- Not installing Drain Guards: This is closely related to the previous common mistake. It can help to protect your drains even if you have mistakenly allowed something in your sink or tub. This step can add years of life to your drains.
- Neglecting to Schedule Regular Plumbing Inspections: Unless you are a trained plumber in Granada Hills, it is likely that you do not have the training to spot small defects in your plumbing that can lead to major problems. It is recommended that you schedule annual plumbing inspections.
- Hiring a Handyman Instead of a Licensed Plumber: Handymen are certainly excellent resources for small issues like a clogged sink, leaking faucet, etc. However, they are usually not a professionally trained, licensed and bonded plumber in Granada Hills.
- Excessively Using Drain Cleaners: Drain cleaner like Draino should be used on an infrequent basis. This is because they can eventually corrode your plumbing. This will cause a much larger issue than a clogged drain.
- Fixing Your Own Plumbing Issues: There are a lot of DIY websites and videos available for homeowners that intend to help with fixing your own plumbing issues. While this may seem like an excellent money-saving opportunity, it is not recommended. Fixing your own plumbing issues can cause much bigger problems and in some instances be very dangerous.
When to Call a Plumber in Granada Hills
As mentioned in the previous section, it is recommended to call a plumber in Granada Hills if you are faced with most plumbing issues. Remember, neglecting to connect with a licensed, insured and bonded plumber can have negative consequences on your plumbing, home, and finances. Some common issues that will require a plumber in Granada Hills include:
- Plumbing inspections & repairs
- Installation/repair of tankless and traditional water heaters
- Rooter and Auger services
- Sewer/drain cleaning
- Hydro Jetting
- Inspection of your sewer camera
- Repair/installation of toilets, faucets, sinks, and tubs
- Garbage disposal and dishwasher repair
- Gas line installation and repair
- Installation of water filtration systems
- Repiping services
- Earthquake, shower, & sloan valves
- Sump pump repairs and installation
- Backflow services
At LeadingEdge Plumbing & Rooter we offer all of the listed services and more. Give us a call to schedule your free initial consultation to learn more about the services that we offer.
When a plumbing emergency exists, it is important to have a trusted plumber in Granada Hills in your contacts. LeadingEdge Plumbing & Rooter offers a 24/7 Emergency service that is prompt, fair and effective. The most common type of plumbing emergency usually includes a bursting pipe or a leaking gas line. If your home is being flooded due to a pipe that has burst, it is important to locate the main shutoff valve. If you do not know where to locate the valve, ask your plumber in Granada Hills to show you where it is during your next inspection.
Why You Shouldn’t Wait to Call A Plumber
Unfortunately, a lot of homeowners neglect what they deem to be “inconsequential” plumbing issues. This may seem like an effective cost-saving method. However, it almost never is. Small issues like a leaking faucet can lead to higher water bills. Even a small change in water pressure may reveal deeper issues like pipe leaks and issues with the city’s water supply line. Furthermore, many homeowners ignore abnormal signs they hear coming from their plumbing. Those sounds may just be the precursor to major leaks and/or flooding. No matter the size of your plumbing problems, it is important to contact an experienced plumber in Granada Hills so they can professionally assess your needs and handle them in a timely manner.
Working With the Best Plumber in Granada Hills
Finding a plumber in Granada Hills is not difficult. However, finding a trustworthy plumber with affordable rates is not as easy. The Plumbers at LeadingEdge Plumbing are on-time, professionally trained and always ready to help with your plumbing issues. We offer 24/7 plumbing services, fair and transparent pricing, as well as impeccable reviews and referrals. We guarantee the quality of our work on every job. Additionally, all of our plumbers in Granada Hills are licensed, insured and bonded. Whether you have a small plumbing issue or something more major, our staff is trained and ready to help. Give us a call to schedule your free initial consultation today.
When plumbing problems arise, you need someone who can come out to you in Granada Hills quickly and can fix your problem efficiently.
Common Plumbing Problems
Mineral build-up causes an obstruction in your pipes, which reduces flow to faucets. Over time, sediments can collect at the bottom of pipes and stick to each other, creating mounds of these materials sitting on the walls of your pipes. Because the waterway is restricted, you will notice a weaker flow coming out of the faucet. In this case, a pipe replacement or complete overhaul is necessary to fix the problem.
Low water pressure is a common issue in many parts of California, particularly in the spring months when the weather changes. An excellent plumber will check all valves and faucets throughout your home or office to assess if all are affected, or only certain ones. One cause of low water pressure is a leaky toilet. Another cause can be found in the water heater. Sometimes if you’re trying to get hot water out, and only a little bit drops out or the flow is very weak, this can be due to a shut-off valve issue. Gutter issues are usually associated with roof leaks, and subsequent mold problems. But clogged gutter problems can also affect the piping in the house. Leaks will also lead to pooling in the house, which can affect the plumbing system.
Slow-draining sinks and showers are indicative of a clog. A clogged toilet is a nightmare for a lot of people, especially when it begins to back up. First, if you’re in that situation, shut off the water by turning the valve in the back. This will prevent waste water spilling onto your floor. Call a plumber immediately if plunging isn’t fixing the issue. As for your drains, you will want to invest in a drain cover to ensure small items and hair don’t get caught or collect in showers and bathtubs.
What To Avoid Going Down Your Drain
One of the biggest reasons why plumbers get called out is to unclog toilets and drains. There are many ways to prevent problems between regular maintenance checks by your plumber, and to keep water flowing throughout your building. One of the best ways to keep your pipes clear are to not flush or dump any of the following in any of your household drains:
- Sanitary napkins, diapers, or contraceptives
- Flushable kitty litter, dog poop bags, or wet wipes for human use (even if the packaging says that it’s flushable)
- Household cleaners or fluids
- Paints or other flammable fluids
- Paper towels
- Cotton balls
- Baby wipes
- Coffee grounds
- Any animal bones, even if small
- Fruit pits
- Grease, fat and oils
- Produce stickers
- Any solid objects, even if made of organic materials
- Fruit or vegetable peels
It’s worth saying over and over again that anything marked “flushable” is probably not. Dispose of it in a garbage bin or in a baggy.
A shower and kitchen drain cover, whether permanently installed or removable, is a great way to prevent items from getting lodged down into drains. Showers are notorious for getting clogged with large clumps of hair, and kitchen sinks can collect all sorts of food bits that are actually not good for your garbage disposal blades. By using a drain cover, you save yourself the headache of dealing with a mass in your pipes that needs to be cleared.
These tips will help keep your pipes clear, and save you tons of money in the long run.